Anyone who knows me understands why this recipe and video mean so much to me. I’ve always been known as the brown girl who makes brownies. I’m excited to say that over the past 10 years or so of baking brownies, that I have found a recipe that is easy and that I love. Stay tuned for my series on different ways to top these brownies and transform them into another delicious dessert hehe. But to start (from the bottom), here is the recipe for my basic af brownies:
- 1 cup melted chocolate chips – I recommend Ghirardelli
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar – I used light brown sugar)
- 3/4 cup oil – I used coconut oil (any oil or melted butter works)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips – optional
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking soda until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs, sugar and oil and mix until combined for about 2 minutes.
- Add the water and the vanilla extract.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet batter.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave, stirring the bowl in 10 second increments. Alternatively, you can melt in over a small pot of boiling water (Not a lot of water in the pot) and put the chocolate chips it in a heat proof and melt proof bowl over the pot and stir until melted. Once the chocolate chips are melted, add to batter.
- Optional: Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased or parchment lined 9 x 13 pan. Bake for about 35 minutes. Use a fork or toothpick to check the brownies. Let cool and feel free to add toppings or serve as is – enjoy!